RARE Productions recognizes its duty of care under the Children and Young Persons Act 1963, the Child (Performances) Regulations 1968, the Protection of Children Act 1999
RARE recognizes that abuse can take many forms, whether it be physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse or neglect. RARE is committed to practice which protects children from harm.
RARE believes that:
• The welfare of the child is paramount;
• All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious beliefs and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from abuse;
• All suspicions and allegations of abuse should be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately;
• All members and employees of RARE should be clear on how to respond appropriately.
RARE will ensure that:
• All children will be treated equally and with respect and dignity;
• The welfare of each child will always be put first;
• A balanced relationship based on mutual trust will be built which empowers the children to share in the decision-making process;
• Enthusiastic and constructive feedback will be given rather than negative criticism;
• Bullying will not be accepted or condoned;
• All adult members of RARE provide a positive role model for dealing with other people;
• Action will be taken to stop any inappropriate verbal or physical behaviour;
• It will keep up-to-date with health & safety legislation;
• It will keep informed of changes in legislation and policies for the protection of children;
• It will undertake relevant development and training;
• It will hold a register of every child involved with the production and will retain a contact name and number close at hand in case of emergencies.
RARE has child protection procedures which accompany this policy. This policy should also be read in conjunction with RARE’s Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy.
RARE has a dedicated Child Protection Officer, who is in charge of ensuring that the child protection policy and procedures are adhered to. That person’s name is DAVID MARRIOTT and he can be contacted on 01767 681049
This policy will be regularly monitored by RARE and will be subject to annual review.
For a full copy of RARE’s Child Protection Procedures please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to work for RARE